Information in English Level 2 in Wine
WSET Level 2 in Wine is a beginner/intermediate level course to explore wines, suitable for wine interested consumers interested in broadening their knowledge and/or building on WSET Level 1 in Wines, or as a foundation for working in the wine trade. This intense WSET Level 2 in Wine is 3-day course in the classroom with interactive tutorials, engaging discussions and professional wine tasting with our wine specialist Jane Nisbet Huseby. All our WSET courses are taught in English since both the books and the exam is also held in English.
What you will learn:
Level 2 in Wine focuses on learning about the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions where they are grown and the styles of wine produced. In addition, you will explore factors that impact wine styles and quality, and learn how to describe wines confidently using the Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT)
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- The principal grape varieties of the world. Style and quality of wines produced from regionally important black and white grape varieties
- How the local environment affects grape growing options in the vineyard, the winemaking process.
- How bottle aging affects the style and quality of wines made from the principal grape varieties
- Understand the most important labelling terms to indicate origin and regulation.
- How the various production methods of sparkling and fortified wines influence the style of the wine.
- The principles of food and wine pairing, wine storage, and service
- Taste approx. 25 wines including Sparkling wines, white wines, red wines, dessert wines and fortified wines
How you will learn:
- 3-day classroom course (20 hours) with engaging and interactive theory sessions, discussions and tasting practice with 20+ wines.
- Course dates: Three Saturdays 21 January, 04 February 04 March kl. 09.00 – 16.30
- Place: Klosteret Restaurant, Fredensborgveien 13, 0177, Oslo.
- Course materials include: WSET Level 2 in Wine coursebook and workbook, Systematic Approach to Tasting (SAT) card, WSET L2 in Wine Course Specifications.
- Small classroom size to ensure sufficient learning and one-to-one interaction.
- Oslo Wine School digital resource and Kahoot! tests.
Included in Course Fee:
- WSET Level 2 in Wine course books delivered anywhere in Norway.
- Tuition and classroom exam fee*
Exam Date: We have several exam dates available, please send an email for more information. Students can choose to take this exam straight after the course or if they prefer more time, it is possible to book an alternative exam date.
Level 2 in Wine is a multiple-choice exam of 50 questions to be answered in one hour. No tasting skills are required to pass level 2 in Wine. Students can choose between taking the exam online digitally, or in the classroom in Oslo. The exam fee for the digital exam is not included in the course fee. Approx. price for digital exam: 350 kr. Contact us for more information.