Insight Series – In-depth Burgundy
Join us as we explore Burgundy´s stunning red and white wines, giving you the chance to compare, contrast and discuss different styles from different producers and appellations in Burgundy. This 2.5 hour course and tasting promises to be an insightful and educational tasting for anyone interested in understanding Burgundy.
Welcome to Oslo Wine School Insight Series
Our Insight Series are short wine courses designed to give you a quick overview of classic wine regions and wine styles. These courses are perfect for anyone who due to their work, is frequently travelling and/or entertaining clients, and need to feel confident with choosing classic wine styles in restaurants. We have 2 different levels of courses: Introduction courses and in-depth courses to choose between.
Introduction courses: These are perfect for anyone relatively new to the world of wine, but who wants to learn quickly about a classic region, how to recognise quality wines and how to taste for quality.
In-depth courses: These courses are perfect for wine lovers who have some formal knowledge about wine (for example have taken a WSET wine course, or have several years of experience with wine tastings. This course will help solidify your wine knowledge of a classic region, improve your wine-tasting technique and recognition of wine quality and wine styles.
|Course||Insight Series: In-depth Burgundy|
|Date||onsdag 03 mai|
|Time||kl. 17:00 – 19:30 (dører åpner 16:45)|
|Place||Lille Grensen 7 (Palmer), 0159, Oslo|
|Course Tutor||Jane Nisbet Huseby fra Oslo Wine School|
Insight Series: In-depth Burgundy
- Learn about the history of Burgundy and its commercial structure
- Gain a solid overview of which villages in Burgundy are the most important for red and white Burgundy
- Learn about the grapes and winemaking consideration in Burgundy
- Learn about the terroir of Burgundy and how the styles of the wines change depending on the specific terroir
- Learn about the quality hierarchy of Burgundy and how this is reflected in the glass
- Learn about how vintage variation affects the style and quality of the wine
- Learn the essentials of tasting to be able to identify the quality of a wine
- Includes a tasting of 8 – 10 wines of a range of white and red Burgundy wines in different price classes including Village, 1er Cru and Grand Cru wines
- Small classes guaranteed – giving you lots of opportunities to ask questions
- A light serving of some bread and cheese is included in the price
Jane Nisbet Huseby, Owner Oslo Wine Schoo, WSET Approved Wine Educator and Master of Wine student
Hold deg oppdatert
Meld deg på vårt nyhetsbrev.